client <-> server interaction in C

Subhash Chandra mr.subhash at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 16:48:27 PST 2005

On 11/23/05, Tapio Kelloniemi <persistent.spam at thack.org> wrote:
> I do not recommend XML since it is clumsy for humans to
> read and write.
IMHO I never found xml clumsy. Infact I find it more easier than
traditional scripts and programs as you don't have much chance to goof
up the things if you use correct indentation.
> Also I think that users should be free from
> XML which means that they should only need to edit easy configuration
> files (name=value), but preferably users can be presented with something
> like Linux's menuconfig (if it is appropriate for the choosen UI).
The menu config thing is good but the tree structure of xml is very
similar isn't it?

I would prefer to go for C and xml. But so far I hadn't figured out
how the communication part uses xml. Is it that we have the server
hold the xml files and use client as some kind of xml browser?

--
║I don't know how much of what I say is true ║