And Python

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Nov 22 12:37:28 PST 2005

Kendrick wrote:
> I suggest 2 things.
> 1) daemon be done in C for right now as a proof of concept and clients
> be done in C & perl/python?
> 2) make 2 proof of concept's one daemon in c one in perl/python....  and
> one of each for the client.

I would prefer to stick with one and go with it. Else we have two
distinct programs to maintain that are written in different languages
that end up doing the same thing. Anybody can write their own version of
the tool of course, but as the ALFS group we have to pick one and stick
with it.

> as for the authentication.  is it posible to use say 2 certs from ssl to
> be a verificataion for server/client.  not nessasarly send the commands
> through ssl but if a ssl connection is formed and a couple
> instructions/data is properly passed between the two its authenticated.
> or evin ssh keys or somthing

Those are all possibilities yes

--
Gerard Beekmans