client <-> server interaction in C

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Nov 22 12:35:46 PST 2005

Randy McMurchy wrote:
> And here I was thinking the discussion was trying to invent ways
> to perform updates, upgrades, etc. on *several* *remote* machines
> at once.

That remote machine can be a LiveCD host too that is ready for an
initial build and the client sends the proper commands to that host to
do the job.

For initial builds the commands that are sent will be run in /mnt/lfs
just like the current book. It can be jailed there when starting chapter
6 so the command don't need to assume /mnt/lfs. Running the server in a
jail (or rather the install processes the server launches) should be
done as needed, not always. It all depends on what one is trying to do.

--
Gerard Beekmans