client <-> server interaction in C

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Nov 22 11:00:16 PST 2005

> Have you looked at the SRS recently? (link to it is in the ALFS docs

Not recently. Will look at it now.

> In the meantime, with whatever spare time I have, I'm anxious to jump in
> and help. Can we perhaps organize our research/coding/plan of attack?

A few decisions have to be made. Since Thomas runs the ship, he should
be involved of course. Unless he decides he doesn't want to of course (I
don't think firm leadership of ALFS has been established. We all just
pitch in when we can but it's not really structured).

I think decision one to make is the programming language and then
discuss how clients and servers interact -- XML or not. Smart client or
smart server or both. Things of that nature.

--
Gerard Beekmans