SOAP and client/server network

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Nov 21 18:12:09 PST 2005

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> Check this out, too: http://beej.us/guide/bgnet/

Thanks, seems to have some good info too.

And with regards to SOAP, if I read correctly it used to be called
XML-RPC (or RPC-XML - i can never remember which way the two terms go).

It's a system that sends XML back and forth using the HTTP protocol. So
it's back to XML stuff. I don't know why, but I've never been a big fan
of XML with ALFS. It's such a hassle maintaining XML profiles. But
that's a discussion for another day (just because I don't like it
doesn't mean it isn't the best thing all around and I'll just have to deal).

--
Gerard Beekmans