Request status update

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Nov 21 18:03:27 PST 2005

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> Sounds good. And while I'm sure I'll get hit with tons of 'Why re-invent
> the wheel?' and 'Keep It Simple Stupid!' I would like to eventually

If you don't re-invent the wheel, how are you to learn? You can't learn
the complex stuff without re-inventing the simple things first.
Especially when learning a new language.

Besides, it's run to re-invent your own wheel. I never care for round
anyway ;)

> customize as many aspects of it as possible, and not build up a huge
> list of dependencies. Each piece in turn, I suppose.

I'm not sure what you mean by that.

--
Gerard Beekmans