Request status update

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Nov 21 18:00:12 PST 2005

Gerard Beekmans wrote:
  > Establishing a TCP connection should be simple in most any language.
>
> * The daemon runs, listens on a port and just idles.
> * The client connects to that port
>
> Now I imagine once the connection is established, you should be able to
> send data to it, just like you would do after opening a file you can use
> the usual printf() statement to write data to your file descriptor. Can
> you write to a network equivalent the same way?

Alright. Share what you find, please.

> I'd like to do this thing in C. I am very rusty in C and could use the
> experience again. This seems a good time to start gaining more C knowledge.

Sounds good. And while I'm sure I'll get hit with tons of 'Why re-invent
the wheel?' and 'Keep It Simple Stupid!' I would like to eventually
customize as many aspects of it as possible, and not build up a huge
list of dependencies. Each piece in turn, I suppose.

--
JH