Request status update

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Nov 21 17:42:06 PST 2005

Gerard Beekmans wrote:
>> C is good. Python might be better (a little easier to work with IMO).
>

> See my previous email, the client application doesn't really matter.
> Anything should go. Though, we'll have to have an official application
> that we, the ALFS team, actively maintains and develops of course.
>
> I have one issue with Python. Well, two actually.
>
> 1) Keep in mind the Livecd setup. We'll want to run this stuff from the
> CD too and it doesn't have Python yet. It could be added, but is it
> required to add such a large package.

Adding Python to the CD wouldn't be a big deal, IMHO. It all gets
compressed and ATM we don't even have a 400Mb iso. :)

Ok, then what about this: First we decide *how* they will communicate
and what will be communicated. Then we can choose a language (or two! if
two people want to start attempting the same thing via different
languages and then compare...) and work on making communication work.

--
JH