Request status update

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Nov 21 16:52:08 PST 2005

Hi guys,

It's been a while since I last was able to do much with ALFS so if
somebody could fill me on some details that would be great.

I'm way behind. Last talks I was part of was the SOAP discussions.

I see some threads regarding Jeremy's jhalfs where development seems to
be concentrating lately.

I still am interested in one of my long standing ideas of remotely
controlling LFS installations. Instead of logging into every machine to
update a package, I'd rather run one app and have it do all the work for
me. Using a program like KDE's Konsole is handy to a point -- it can
duplicate everything you type in one window in all your other sessions.
If your are ssh'ed into different machines, you can do things easily
that way. But it's far from ideal of course.

So...what will it take? I'm not that good of a programmer to take on an
entire project like this myself.

--
Gerard Beekmans