jhalfs TODO

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Nov 21 14:10:45 PST 2005

El Lunes, 21 de Noviembre de 2005 22:58, Randy McMurchy escribió:

> And just how to handle a situation say for example, Heimdal Kerberos?
> Just let 'make' arbitrarily install a Kerberos installation because it
> finds linkend attributes for it in BLFS.

Is Kerberos a required dependency for some package? If yes, the it must be
installed, if not, then no problem.

That is to handle "requred" dependencies, and maybe "recomended", the ones
needed to run the commands hardcoded in the book. Optional dependies are for
the user to decide install it or not.

> BLFS can be automated, but each different user/reader needs to
> customize it for him/herself.

I agree. We can create the base scripts and a Makefile with all targets, but
maybe only some of that targets will can be run "as is". Many targets/scripts
could need some manual edits to work.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia