jhalfs TODO

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Nov 21 13:47:25 PST 2005

El Lunes, 21 de Noviembre de 2005 22:30, Randy McMurchy escribió:

> Where I see BLFS being difficult is the dependencies. It would be
> a hard task to determine what should or should not be installed.

Thinking on the dependencies,  why not to let make to handle it?

Each package have its BLFS dependencies inside xref tags under the
role="package" section. The value of the " linkend" attibutes could be
extracted and dumped like Makefile dependencies. For example:

gail:  libgnomecanvas
    "build commands"

libgnomecanvas: libglade libart_lgpl
    "build commands"

and so on ...

When issuing "make gail" make automatically will verify if the Makefile
dependecies are up-to-date or need to be redone. Isn't necesary to build a
full dependencies tree.

> Not even to mention the dependencies that are not in the book.

In that case the user must to install that dependencies by hand and to edit
the related build script to add/remove the configure switches needed. But
that is true also using nALFS.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia