jhalfs feedback

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Nov 16 06:51:03 PST 2005

M.Canales.es wrote:
>>Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>

>>>3.  The Makefile will fail early if the lfs user or group has already
>>>been created.
>

> I think that we could add a test to see if the lfs user, group and home dir
> are already present.

I think it should be safe to assume that if the user wants to build LFS
by-the-book using jhalfs (which is what it was designed for) then they
won't mind if we wipe any existing lfs user and make our own with the
defaults used in the book. (Of course we should fore-warn them in the
README about this.)

So what I'm proposing is that we add a switch for resuming a build
already started which will bypass a 'make clean' command. Otherwise the
default -M switch will first run 'make clean' on the build (removing
anything like user lfs, group lfs, /tools symlink, etc.) and then start
the build fresh.

What say the group?

--
JH