jhalfs download function

Justin R. Knierim lfs at lfs-matrix.net
Mon Nov 14 22:41:03 PST 2005

Bruce Dubbs wrote:

>Thanks Justin.  That almost worked.

Heh, I am used to stuff almost working.  ;)

>  There is one extra file in that MD5SUMS file:
>
>md5sum: ./vim-6.4-lang.tar.bz2: No such file or directory
>./vim-6.4-lang.tar.bz2: FAILED open or read

Ahh.  That is listed as optional, but a download location and
instructions to install it are in lfs development.  Not sure what
jhalfs's policy on optional packages is.

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/chapter03/packages.html
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/chapter06/vim.html

I do agree with your suggestion earlier.  Having a method for creating
MD5SUMS files on its own would be most helpful.  Especially if using a
LFS development version from, for example, a month or two ago, as my LFS
development MD5SUM is constantly updated as LFS development is.

Justin