jhalfs

Richard A Downing richard at langside.org.uk
Sun Nov 13 05:43:42 PST 2005

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 07:10:50 -0500
Jeremy Huntwork <jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> Richard A Downing wrote:
>
> > 1)  I started jhalfs, but when it was downloading autoconf, I stopped it (Ctrl-C), as I spotted something odd in the log.  Fixed the oddness, then restarted.
> >
> > 2) On restart jhalfs 'saw' that autoconf was there, checked it's md5sum and borked.
>
> That's a little odd. If jhalfs sees that the md5sum doesn't match, it's
> supposed to first try to resume the download before it borks. Did you
> see any of that happen? What download client were you using?

I tried both.  They each reported an error, and borked - but a different error.  That's when I edited out the md5sum check.  I had several other instances where I had to delete the source files manually before jhalfs would successfully load a fresh copy (dejagnu, diffutils, bash-docs).  I didn't keep extra logs, so I'm not able to give you any more info.  I'm going to try this on my 586/200Mhz box shortly so I'll take notes on that build.

I'm very pleased with the build system, Jeremy, I would not put too much credence on my late-night build.  I'm off to build some BLFS on top of last nights system now (using my own scripts!)

R.