jhalfs

Richard A Downing richard at langside.org.uk
Sun Nov 13 01:37:08 PST 2005

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 13:42:57 -0800
"Justin R. Knierim" <lfs at lfs-matrix.net> wrote:

> Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
>
> > Technically, it's not my MD5SUMS file ;) It's the one that is created
> > by the LFS ftp servers. So it should always match what is downloaded.
> > (As if should ever means anything... :P ) But perhaps something funny
> > happened on the server. Justin would you be able to double-check that?
>
> I checked it a few times already to make sure I am not going crazy.
> Everything matches.
>
> ftp://ftp.lfs-matrix.net/pub/lfs/conglomeration/MD5SUMS shows
>
> 1ee40f7a676b3cfdc0e3f7cd81551b5f
>
> And this md5sum matches the autoconf-2.59.tar.bz2 in the lfs repo and
> gnu.org:
>
> ftp://ftp.lfs-matrix.net/pub/lfs/conglomeration/autoconf/autoconf-2.59.tar.bz2
> ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/autoconf/autoconf-2.59.tar.bz2
>
> So, don't know what to tell ya.

I do.  Tell me I'm a dozy git.  This is what comes of starting new stuff when I should be in bed.  What happened:

1)  I started jhalfs, but when it was downloading autoconf, I stopped it (Ctrl-C), as I spotted something odd in the log.  Fixed the oddness, then restarted.

2) On restart jhalfs 'saw' that autoconf was there, checked it's md5sum and borked.

3) Some imbecile checked the md5sum, saw it was different from the MD%SUM, fired off a stupid email, disabled md5sums, restarted jhalfs and went to bed.  Leaving the hafl-autoconf in sources.

4) Awoke to find 'this doesn't seem to be a tar file', and realised....

Sorry for the noise.  Just 'cos I've been around you guys gave me the benefit of the doubt.  I didn't deserve it.

R.

P.S. jhalfs has finished.  This PM I plan to try the fresh build.  If it's OK I'm planning to use jhalfs to build a non-cross fresh build for my i586/200Mhz box overnight(s).