News Server Offline Indefinitely

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Nov 9 07:36:38 PST 2005

Matthew Burgess wrote:
> Jeremy, is it off for good with immediate effect, or are you going to
> wait until the gmane stuff gets sorted out?  There are some lists that
> aren't being mirrored at all by gmane, leaving those users who don't
> want to subscribe to the lists no alternative.
>
> I contacted the gmane guys today to see about getting things organised
> with regard to a more consistent mirroring setup for all of the lists,
> and am just waiting to hear back from them.

It is off for good. We can turn it back on if you like, but again today
I was getting sporatic errors connecting. It seemed that it's pretty
pointless to leave it on when there's no telling when and if a user will
be able to connect. Sorry for jumping the gun on this, but it felt like
the right thing to do.

Your call.

--
JH