SPAM-LOW: Re: [RFC] BLFS Profile: Dependencies not included in the BLFS Book

Evan Plumlee eplumlee at alpadesign.com
Fri Mar 11 12:40:13 PST 2005

On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 01:25:24PM -0700, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Evan Plumlee wrote:
>
> >This is the folder that it uses to check dependencies.  Note that this
> >folder is cleared out by nALFS every time you start it, so I created a
> >/var/log/nALFS~ dir, and after every nALFS session, I hand copy all the
>
> I have never seen such behavior, and I don't believe there is code in
> nALFS to clear out the contents of the stamp directory. Some of my
> systems have files in their stamp directories going back nearly two
> years, and I've never moved them around to 'preserve' them.
>
> Are you sure that this isn't happening because of a step in your
> profile, or a shell script that you are using to run nALFS?

Perhaps.  Like I said, I'm a nALFS newb, but this behavior is
replicateable, and happened with an earlier version of this BLFS
script I am running now.

=== --- runit.sh --- ===
if [ ! -e config ]; then
  echo "Attention: You must create a config directory (or link)."
  exit 3
fi

if [ ! -d /var/log/nALFS ]; then
    mkdir /var/log/nALFS
fi
export NALFS_STAMP_DIR=/var/log/nALFS

CURRENTDIR=`pwd`
echo "<!ENTITY blfs-config '$CURRENTDIR/config'>" > config/files.ent

if [ -e /usr/bin/nALFS ]; then
    /usr/bin/nALFS -S -l -L nalfs.log BLFS.xml
else
    /usr/local/bin/nALFS -S -l -L nalfs.log BLFS.xml
fi
=== --- runit.sh --- ===

This profile has a date of 2005-02-05

Regards,