[RFC] BLFS Profile: Dependencies not included in the BLFS Book

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Mar 11 12:25:24 PST 2005

Evan Plumlee wrote:

> This is the folder that it uses to check dependencies.  Note that this
> folder is cleared out by nALFS every time you start it, so I created a
> /var/log/nALFS~ dir, and after every nALFS session, I hand copy all the

I have never seen such behavior, and I don't believe there is code in
nALFS to clear out the contents of the stamp directory. Some of my
systems have files in their stamp directories going back nearly two
years, and I've never moved them around to 'preserve' them.

Are you sure that this isn't happening because of a step in your
profile, or a shell script that you are using to run nALFS?