[RFC] BLFS Profile: Dependencies not included in the BLFS Book

Evan Plumlee eplumlee at alpadesign.com
Fri Mar 11 12:17:06 PST 2005

On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 07:43:50PM +0000, Alex Potter wrote:
> Having said that, I've never managed to get ALFS to recognise that I've
> installed anything - is that caused by my confusion over a switch?

This may be too ghetto, but it works for me, being a aLFS newb.  Not only
does nALFS log installs to the default ~/.nALFS folder, but it will also
keep track of all of the packages it installed in the folder /var/log/nALFS.
This is the folder that it uses to check dependencies.  Note that this
folder is cleared out by nALFS every time you start it, so I created a
/var/log/nALFS~ dir, and after every nALFS session, I hand copy all the
to the temp dir.  When I resume my BLFS/nALFS install, after I load the
profile (the point at which the files are erased,) I copy the files back
over to /var/log/nALFS/.   nALFS will now recognize the met dependencies.

Each file in /var/log/nALFS consists of the name of the package, e.g. glib.
The body of the file is merely ASCII text of the full name and version of
the nALFS installed package, eg glib-1.2.0.

Regards
Evan Plumlee