[RFC] BLFS Profile: Dependencies not included in the BLFS Book

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Mar 11 12:03:27 PST 2005

Alex Potter wrote:

> Are you saying that {requires} and {utilizes} effectively behave as
> synonyms for {package} _at_present_?

For this usage, yes they do.

> If that *is* the case, something needs better documentation, as so far I
> cannot get ALFS to recognise that I have installed any dependencies -
> it just spat out a "package not installed" message and stopped, even if
> I had just installed the dependency.

That is an unrelated issue. You do not have nALFS configured to generate
package stamp files, so it cannot tell that you have installed the
dependency packages. Yes, the documentation is a bit lacking here, but
if you read the sample nALFSrc file and don't override any of its values
using command-line options you should be able to figure it out.