[RFC] BLFS Profile: Dependencies not included in the BLFS Book

Alex Potter spambin at ap-consulting.co.uk
Fri Mar 11 11:43:50 PST 2005

Joachim Beckers wrote in <d0sq3r$pdg$2 at belgarath.linuxfromscratch.org>

> Joachim Beckers wrote:
>> {packageinfo}
>>   {requires}
>>     {program}
>>       {name}foo{/name}
>>       {version}1.5.4{/version}
>>     {/program}
>>   {/requires}
>> {/packageinfo}

I had indeed envisioned exactly that structure.

>> Even better it would be to replace {program} with {package},

It would indeed. That would completely resolve the dependency problem
once and for all.

Having said that, I've never managed to get ALFS to recognise that I've
installed anything - is that caused by my confusion over a switch?

http://linuxfromscratch.rave.org/alfs/view/dtd/alfs_dtd/elem_package.html
> What do the others think?

My reading of it is that it is NOT possible as currently implemented.

--
Regards
Alex