[RFC] BLFS Profile - Building as user, installing as root

Thomas Pegg thomasp at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Mar 6 16:59:25 PST 2005

The BLFS Book, has taken a position of recommending that packages be
built as a user then install them as root. Currently with the profile we
do everything as root. I suggest that we do building as a user, then
install as root in the profiles.

This will add a new tag ( {user} ) to most stages, this will also
require some things to be broken out into seperate stages as well. Given
that this would be a pretty invasive change, I don't think it could be
done in time for the 6.0 profile, at least not the intial release, we
could maybe add it in a update to it.

--
Thomas
LFS User : 4729 / Linux User : 298329