Development Status nALFS2

Matthias Berndt berndt.matthias at gmx.de
Sun Jul 10 15:16:19 PDT 2005

On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 06:14:51PM -0400, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

Excuse the late reply, I'm digging into the available documentation.

> Python has been suggested as a programming language, to work in tandem
> with D-Bus and SOAP.

Why should we use D-Bus? Isn't is designed for desktop application IPC
or should it be used for for local communication between client and
server?
SOAP is quite complex and I think a more simple solution is XMLRPC. An
easy to handle implementation is XMLRPC-c.
--> http://xmlrpc-c.sourceforge.net

> I'd personally prefer if it was all done in C, but
> at this time I'd take anything. I've started working out some of the
> ideas myself, but my time is stretched between work and other projects.

I'd like C too, but we will need some non base LFS libraries, if we do
not want to reinvent the wheel.