Development Status nALFS2

Matthias Berndt berndt.matthias at gmx.de
Tue Jul 5 11:08:10 PDT 2005

On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 01:12:18PM -0400, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> >I want to know what's going on with this idea?
>
> We have the specifications layed out but are seriously lacking the hands
> to help code the tool at present.
>
> http://linuxfromscratch.org/~matthew/alfs-srs/alfs-srs.html

I think some things have to be specified more concretely.

- What's about the programming language for the reference
	implementation?
- What's about the communication protocol between client and daemon?
	D-BUS was mentioned somewhere.
- Implement a Model-View-Controller structure - yes or no?
... and so on an on ...

At the moment I've got some to "waste" and I'm interested in ALFS and
some work on it, but there IMHO to much open questions.

Regards
	Matthias Berndt