idea for <stage><environment>

Mark Ellis markp.ellis at ntlworld.com
Sun Jul 3 09:49:43 PDT 2005

I noticed something in the archives from a few months ago about clearing
the environment on entering a stage. The suggested solution with nALFS
was to use a dummy value to <root>, eg /, which as a side effect clears
the environment.

A better solution would seem to be a mode attribute setting on
<environment> of 'clear'. Incidentally, I dont understand the current
use of mode on environment as append|prepend. The variable elements have
this use of mode, which makes more sense anyway, is this duplication
necessary ?

Ta
Mark

--