a few decisions

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jan 31 21:52:49 PST 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 22:50, Jeremy Utley wrote:
> Likewise, count me in as well.  I haven't been as active in the last few
> months as I'd like to have been, but I'd like to get involved more again
> on the ALFS side of things.

Let's make it happen then. LFS is great of course but I think we all
agree that it gets a burden to manually maintain a system for upgrades.
Two gets annoying. You don't want to think about over half a dozen. It
gets kind of crazy. I could spend an entire day upgrading each of our
servers with new kernels and stuff. It is actually a little sad where
the *compile* job is the *shortest* task of all. And kernels and Glibc
take a bit of time.

We have a nice chance here to do some client/server stuff and a lof of
similar neat things. We can really shine in that area with our XML
flexibility.

I realize I'm preaching to the choir right now. Maybe it's not a bad
idea to get a list of what each of the active people on this list
considers their personal priority items?

--
Gerard Beekmans