package users

Olmo Ziarko olmo.ziarko at gmail.comm
Sun Jan 23 08:44:35 PST 2005

> Wouldn't it be a good idea to use "extended attributes" for that.
> I'm not familiar with these extended attributes, but I know you can store more information in a file
> then only the normal unix attributes (owner,group,other / read,write,execute)
>

> Stef Bon

Well, I suppose you could (I'm not really familiar either). But I think
the real advantage of PU (having `make install` run as non-root so you
don't have to worry about files being overwritten behind your back)
*needs* seperate users. That you can easily identify which file belongs
to which package is merely an added 'bonus' :-)

anyways, imma let this rest untill after my finals ... if you wanna get
together and try n make it work, pm me.

-OZ