Well, that was fun

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jan 9 12:30:48 PST 2005

But, sadly, it's time for me to bow out.  Things are slipping through my
fingers and my personal life calls for a readjustment as well.  I don't
feel that I can do justice anymore to what ALFS deserves, though I wish
I could.  I tried staving this decision off, hoping I could juggle
enough stuff, but no go. I simply misjudged the time and energy I'd have
available to spend on this project, as well as a few other things. So,
either we get a new leader (one with better leadership skills and more
time than I) or we abandon ALFS and let everyone fend for themselves in
terms of automating their installs. If the community is still interested
enough in ALFS to keep it going, then by all means let's get some
volunteers for the position. I'll do as Kevin did and give it some time
to let this idea bounce around, and then with the help of Gerard and
Matt, we'll come to a decision.

I'm sending this note to the website list and the livecd list too,
because though I'd like to continue working on those projects, my
production may be stifled for a bit. For that matter, it would be nice
to be allowed to continue contributing to ALFS, too, in my spare time.

It's been fun. And it's been a privilege to take on the role, at least
for a time.

--
Jeremy Huntwork