Automated Grub

Joachim Beckers jbeckers at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jan 9 05:36:56 PST 2005

Jeremy Shivers wrote:
> I did a search through the archives and google but didn't come up with
> anything. I am trying to get grub to run automatically within ALFS. I
> can get the menu.lst file to be created ok. By default the grub commands
> are commented out but how do I structure it within grub.xml to run
> non-interactively during the execution? I tried using <execute> tags but
> nALFS couldn't even parse it without errors. Right now I let the profile
> run the entire way through and when it is finished I chroot back in
> again and run the grub commands myself. Any help would be appreciated.

You're not giving too much information, so it's quite hard to diagnose
you problem. Some questions:
What do you mean with "trying to get grub to run automatically within
ALFS". Is that the grub shell/grub-install/...?
What commands do you want to <execute>?
Does the profile still validate after you have changed grub.xml?

And it would be nice if you posted some snippets of your xml too.

regards

Joachim