new user, silly questions

Brad Bailey brad.bailey at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 04:39:11 PST 2005

This morning if my first attempt at using ALFS. I've re-read the
README in the NALFS tarball twice, looked through the lot of FAQ's,
and looked though many pages of search results for my answer. Perhaps
any questions to my answers should be posted in a place easier to
find.

I'm using nALFS 1.2.4 with profile LFS-6.0-1

In chapter five, the file copy process fails on linux-config, politly
telling me it's not there. Is this the same config file you have after
configuring a kernel?

Just for fun, I touched linux-config and went on about my life, and
things are going OK for now. Will this cause me problems later?
--
"Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really
embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen