Information about make-utilities.

Olmo Ziarko olmo.ziarko at gmail.comm
Thu Feb 24 04:38:00 PST 2005

Stef Bon wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to know more about the possibilities of the
> make utilities (and aclocal, autoconf en automake).
> I want to know it is possible to retrieve the
> information of the packagedependencies out of the files
> like configure.ac, aclocal.m4  and autogen.sh and alikes.
>

> I have never worked with the tools aclocal, automake and autoconf
> before and I'm looking for information about all the possibilities.
>
> Normally, when installing a package, the configure script will give
> all the information I need. It will give the dependencies by
> trying to compile test programs (as far I can see) and look for standard
> programs and information (like pkgconfig).
>
> I'm looking for a way to determine the dependencies out of the same files
> the configure script uses. If there is a local database with information about
> all the packages already installed, the missing dependencies can be reported right away.
> This can be much faster than the configurescript does.
>
> Any information is apreciated.
>
> Stef

You may want to look at the "recipies" Gobolinux uses, you can find a
list here: http://www.gobolinux.org/recipe-store/

Irssi
Irssi/0.8.9
Irssi/0.8.9/Recipe
Irssi/0.8.9/Resources
Irssi/0.8.9/Resources/Dependencies

$ cat Irssi/0.8.9/Resources/Dependencies
GLib 2.4.1
Glibc 2.3.2
GPM 1.20.1
Ncurses 5.4
OpenSSL 0.9.7d

I've heard Gobolinux was "based" on LFS, but I've never tried it out
(because well ... you'll see >:)

-oz