BLFS profile run script disables package stamps

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Feb 20 23:03:09 PST 2005

Thomas Pegg wrote:

> I've never seen it disable it, it always enables it for me.

Yeah, this is because of one the less-useful features of nALFS... using
-S on the command line _toggles_ stamping, so if you've turned it on in
your .nALFSrc, it gets turned back off.

I'll deal with this locally for now, but it might be best for the script
to do a quick check to see if ~/.nALFSrc exists (or /etc/nALFSrc) and if
so don't risk overriding the settings contained there. The same would be
true for the LFS profile, I suppose.