LFS unstable profile status: It's good!

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Feb 19 10:02:51 PST 2005

I just wanted to let you all know that the current unstable profile
seems to be working quite well; the recent changes to do the chapter 8
builds of the kernel and grub are working fine, I have run three builds
so far and they have gone off without a problem.

The only issues I know of right now are the parallel build problems
related to man-1.5p and e2fsprogs-1.36; I'm going to hold off on doing
anything about them until Daniel has some spare time to comment on what
else needs to be fixed up for parallel builds. If there is a lot, we
will need to get a group decision on whether to change the profile that
much from the book just to support parallel builds, or whether to create
  a branch with parallel build support and leave the "official" profile
as close to the book as possible.