distcc and alfs

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Feb 18 09:25:28 PST 2005

On February 18, 2005 10:21 am, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> You can easily get a 40-pin to 44-pin adapter and plug that drive into a
> regular system, or even get an external USB enclosure for the drive and
> pull the data off that way. No need to wait for another laptop to appear
> :-)

Keep in mind where I live. such adapters are not to be had. Maybe if I take
the 1.5 hours to drive to Calgary and then the 1.5 hours back again. It'll
take weeks before I actually have a planned trip to the city and maybe i['ll
pick something up then. I hadn't considered that one yet.

I was thinking to maybe raid my co-workers' laptop for a bit :)

--
Gerard Beekmans