Proposed alfs communication model

James Robertson jwrober at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Feb 16 06:17:33 PST 2005

Jamie Bennett wrote:
> I've put up a little proposed communication model for alfs the way _I'd_
> like to see it done at
>
> 	http://www.linuxuk.org/blog/index.php?itemid=57

Very intriguing.  What is a D-BUS?  I have never heard of it before.  I
read a bunch of your blog posts, looks like you have been hacking at
this for a little bit.

Looks like Gerard mentioned that we need a D-BUS daemon.  Who makes one?
  Does that mean we need yet another dependancy?  I like the ideas you
mentioned in your blog about fully modularizaing things.  Makes bolting
stuff on really easy.

How does the client "know" that it is talking to a server across the
network as opposed to on the same machine?  How does it know to bypass
the comms module?

Thanks
James