Package Download URL's

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Feb 15 19:06:49 PST 2005

Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I've got a thought that may be of interest to you. Noticing things like
> the download URL's that become broken as the maintainers update to more
> recent version are likely to affect an automated build system, you may
> consider using the BLFS package server (anduin) for your downloads.

Thanks, Randy. This would likely be very helpful. We already use the
ftp.linuxfromscratch.org servers as default locations for all packages
in the LFS profiles, so having something like this would be helpful for
BLFS too, esp. considering that some package maintainers (yes, I mean
you Samba!) like to remove previous packages from their main servers
when they release a new version.

I'd like to hear Thomas' comment on this though, before I say anything
for sure. He and Joachim are likely the ones that will need to do the
work to set that up for the profiles.

--
Jeremy H.