LFS profile "skeleton" conversion complete

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Feb 12 10:24:40 PST 2005

Although I have not yet run a build using the new profile, I am fairly
certain that the conversion is complete.

I have also slightly modified the runit.sh script, and heavily modified
the README file.

Because this new configuration method is a somewhat higher "barrier to
entry" for new users (since the skeleton files contain no documentation,
unlike the entities in general.ent), I added some text to README warning
about that, and suggesting that if the user is not aware of what to put
in these files they may not be ALFS material. I'll leave it up to the
rest of you to decide whether that is true or not; if not, we'll need to
find some way to incorporate the old comments that were in general.ent
into README or some other files, as many of the skeleton files cannot
contain comments in the same fashion.

I also moved config/fstab and config/grub to a new chapter08 directory,
since the XML files no longer need to be edited. In addition,
chapter08/grub.xml now actually runs the grub setup commands; since the
user can opt not to run them in their ALFS tool, I don't see any
particular reason to comment them out of the profile. I will probably
end up doing the same thing for config/kernel.xml, once I have tested it
properly.