Revisiting SRS Section 2

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Feb 12 06:36:05 PST 2005

Folks,

As the SRS is about documenting requirements only, i.e. not design, I'm
proposing we remove section 2.1 (alfs Functions) entirely.  That seems
to me to be telling folks how alfs will do its job, the only exception
being the second sentence.  Once that's done, I think sections 2.2 and
2.3 need swapping round so that we give a list of what the tool will do
first, then tell folks what other systems are available that may do some
or all of these.

Regards,

Matt.

PS: An online render of the current SRS is available at
http://linuxfromscratch.org/~matthew/alfs-srs/alfs-srs.html for now.