Option to bypass make check

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Feb 11 16:45:29 PST 2005

Jim Gifford wrote:
> The reason I request is the test suites fail on the alternative
> architectures, and it's recommended that the tests not to be run on them
> since most of them exit on failure.

Then maybe, for now, the proper thing to do is to branch the profile and
produce different versions for different architectures (until such time
as conditional execution alleviates the need for this). Since the
arch-specific changes will be so minor, it will not be much of a burden
to keep them up to date (just an "svn merge" each time the x86 branch is
updated).

If someone can document the things that need to be different for the
non-x86 arch profiles (or even volunteer to maintain them), I'll branch
them off as soon as I finish up converting the textdump config files
over to the new skeleton structure.