Option to bypass make check

Torsten Vollmann Torsten at Vollmann-Online.de
Thu Feb 10 20:24:24 PST 2005

Kevin P. Fleming schrieb:
> Jim Gifford wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to have an option to bypass the make checks without
>> editing the profile.
>

> The only checks that the profile runs by default are the "mandatory"
> ones from the book. If we make it too easy to skip them, then regular
> users (newbies even) will do so because it makes their build run faster.
> I don't think we want to do that.
>
> For now, you can just unmark those steps in the profile before you begin
> executing it, and they will be skipped.

This is a "hip-shot" type of comment - well, it's five in the morning
over here... - and I havn't checked out if it's quite possible at all:

I would like to run the tests, at least the mandatory ones, but for the
ones known to fail - like the math-test on my old k6-2 machine - I'd
like something like "run the testsuite but without the math-test".

If this is somehow possible there could be an entity like
"--disable-math-test" or so witch could be emptied out if unwanted...

After all this was what come to my mind when I commented out the
testsuits in my profile a while ago ...

Regards,

Torsten.