Option to bypass make check

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Feb 10 19:27:08 PST 2005

On February 10, 2005 08:03 pm, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing and entity for it in general.ent

The &make_check; type entity isn't very practical. There are other commands
than "make check" so now we'd have to add a bunch of different check command
entities. And if you want to disable checking you have to modify a couple of
entities rather than one. It quickly becomes annoying if you switch back and
forth from a quick test build to a full fledged build using the same
profiles.

Conditionals take that issue away. Define one entity and be done with it. If
the skip_checks entity (or whatever it's going to be called) is defined,
don't run whatever comes next be it a "make check" or "make -k check" or have
other variables added such as NON_ROOT_USERNAME and RUN_EXPENSIVE_CHECKS come
to mind from coreutils. It just keeps going and going as packages change,
too.

--
Gerard Beekmans