[RFC] SRS Section 3

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Feb 8 12:28:01 PST 2005

James Robertson wrote:
> For the sake of simplicity, what do you think of
> creating a section(s)/chapter(s) in the docbook version of the wiki for
> these specific design guidelines?

Well, to be honest, I was going to create an entirely separate document,
though still docbook based, to hold this kind of stuff.  Call it a HLD
(High-Level Design) or whatever, I couldn't care less to be honest, but
it a) needs to be documented and b) shouldn't be in the SRS.  Just a
warning - HLDs are the lowest level of documentation I'll contribute to
:)  If properly done, the code should then be easily readable in
relation to where abouts it fits into the big picture and the kind of
logic it is utilising to get its job done.  All IMHO of course.

Cheers,

Matt.