[RFC] SRS Section 3

James Robertson jwrober at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Feb 7 14:49:04 PST 2005

Matthew Burgess wrote:

> And IMHO such descriptions don't belong in the main SRS - they're not
> describing *requirements*, they're describing design/implementation
> details.  Jamie/James can probably best answer this one, but is it
> common to have links from the requirements spec to the design docs, or
> is it usually just links back from the design to the requirements?

Agreed on this point. I was trying to get as much in the first draft as
possible knowing that I was breaking rules along the way.  Feel free to
pull that stuff out.  For the sake of simplicity, what do you think of
creating a section(s)/chapter(s) in the docbook version of the wiki for
these specific design guidelines?

James