Choice of programming language

Hui Zhou zhouhui at wam.umd.edu
Mon Feb 7 14:06:55 PST 2005

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 09:40:13PM +0000, Jamie Bennett wrote:
>That language turns out to be Python. Now I hate to admit it but
>I'm an assembler programmer by trade, and among my other programming
>languages, Python doesn't figure at the moment.

Unless you want to use this project as an oppotunity to learn
python(rather selfish :-;), I definitely suggest the coder should
choose the language he/she is most comfortable with. If the other key
programmer or coder(s) decided on a language that you are not comfortable
with, then it is an oppotunity to learn that language and it is
contrary to be selfish :-;

Python is rather easy to learn, I suggest try it for a few days
and see if you will be comfortable with it, then ask this question to
yourself again when you have a better figure (If no other coders have
decided yet).

--
Hui Zhou