DTD/schema change proposal

Jeremy Huntwork jmhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Feb 7 08:50:15 PST 2005

Joachim Beckers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While working on the BLFS-profile, I've encountered lots and lots of
> "install -d -o ... -g ... -m..." commands that currently are hard to
> translate into XML.

Anything that makes the work easier... :)

I'm also wondering... perhaps a general review of the current DTD is in
order?  I want the new alfs to support the nALFS DTD, definitely, but
perhaps as a plugin.  Instead of just using the old DTD as native for
the alfs schema, we can review it and either simplify it or extend it as
the need may be. Now might make a good time then, to look over the
current DTD and look for improvements or changes.

I don't know much about DTD's or schemas, so I'm not sure what's really
appropriate here, what do you guys think?

--
Jeremy H.