[RFC] Another LFS profile diversion :-)

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Feb 6 16:41:00 PST 2005

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

> Go for it.
>
> BTW, nice to see you more active again, Kevin. :)

OK, I'll make the change then.

I'll be honest here and say that my activity has been generated out of
purely selfish reasons :-) I've got a client with a network of Windows
98 machines (at five locations) and no money to upgrade them to a more
secure version of Windows, so I'm trying to put together an LFS-based
system for them to use (will need X, KDE, Firefox, Thunderbird, CUPS,
NFS, NIS, etc.). This will be my first attempt at turning an LFS into an
actual GUI workstation; all my other LFS systems are purely text-mode
servers.

Anyway, expect to see more stuff from me for the next few weeks anyway
as I work out these systems... if I can put together something for this
client they (and I) will be very happy :-)