Current Profile Status

Thomas Pegg thomasp at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Feb 6 12:06:03 PST 2005

> Yeah, I noticed :-)
>
> Now I see why you move so many of the text files in BLFS out of the XML
> and into the config directory... I may do something similar for the LFS
> profile, since it's nice to have them out of the XML anyway (but they
> will have to copied twice, since they are needed inside the chroot).
That's one reason, but it's also for configuration purposes too makes it
easier to modify the file, rather than trying to modify it inside the
xml, you modify the file in it's normal state.

The configs for XFree86 and Xorg are two that are much easier to work
with outside of the xml.

--
Thomas
LFS User : 4729