[RFC] Another LFS profile diversion :-)

Thomas Pegg thomasp at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Feb 6 09:55:57 PST 2005

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> I'd like to suggest a small change to the profile that will be another
> diversion from the book...
>
> In chapter 6, before we enter the chroot() environment, I'd like to have
> the profile copy the host's /etc/resolv.conf into $LFS/etc. This is
> needed if you are using automatic package download in the profile,
> because otherwise the nALFS backend process cannot resolve hostnames to
> complete downloads (it does work properly if you use an IP address,
> though).
I do this in my own profile, I don't see any problem with adding it.

Although one could argue that it would be unecessary since we have a
wget script to download all the packages at once, or the packages
tarball for stable releases. But I still think it's a worthwhile addition.

--
Thomas
LFS User : 4729