[RFC] Another LFS profile diversion :-)

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Feb 6 08:09:37 PST 2005

I'd like to suggest a small change to the profile that will be another
diversion from the book...

In chapter 6, before we enter the chroot() environment, I'd like to have
the profile copy the host's /etc/resolv.conf into $LFS/etc. This is
needed if you are using automatic package download in the profile,
because otherwise the nALFS backend process cannot resolve hostnames to
complete downloads (it does work properly if you use an IP address, though).

The file will later be overwritten in chapter 7 during the network
configuration, so I don't see this as much of a potential for problems.

Comments?