Programming language

Hui Zhou zhouhui at wam.umd.edu
Sat Feb 5 14:32:29 PST 2005

On Sat, Feb 05, 2005 at 03:28:01PM -0600, James Robertson wrote:
>Hui Zhou wrote:
>
>OK, now you are getting on my nerves

Hope I can get off. :)

>and I have tough ones.

I like tough ones. :)

>You clearly
>have not ready anything we have written down.

You mean read? How I replied then?

>It clearly states in the
>SRS that we expect full backwards compatibility to nALFS 1.2x profiles
>written on the 3.1 ALFS DTD.  >We *are* *not* *going* *to* *write* *a*
>*different* *profile* *language* *period*.  I can not make this any more

I thought the SRS is in RFC mode.
And I thought every one are aware that since KF left, the team -- Neocool
and Jamie were working on new, simpler profiles. Neocool's moongoo
support 4 syntaxes: nALFS, lfsbook, syn, and ass. Don't ask me what
on earth gave those names, but the latter two were in my school of
thoughts.

>clear.  I could care less about how much you think it is a pain in the
>neck to write a alfs profile using the existing syntax.

NP.

>I am no where a
>programmer and I have no trouble creating some pretty custom wacky
>profiles to do what I want them to do. What is the big deal anyways?

NC.

>No one else repsond to this.  This conversation is closed.

I implied the same in my previous post. :-)

--
Hui Zhou